Five things you need to know today
Brunch today – World Aids Day – TED talks – Car Boot Sale – Restaurant wins award
Our brunch suggestion for you today is Gorgie City Farm.
“For those with some time to relax, we have a comfy sofa, free wi-fi, newspapers and local information leaflets!
Our breakfast menu includes hot rolls or a full Scottish breakfast and our delicious porridge with a choice of toppings.”
More information here. Cafe open from 9:30am.
- When:1 December 2013
- Where: Edinburgh AIDS Memorial, Water of Leith, Edinburgh
- What: As a mark of respect to those who have been lost to this disease, and to raise awareness of the stigma still affecting those living with HIV, Positive Help will be conducting a clean-up of the Edinburgh AIDS Memorial along the Water of Leith. This event is open to all to ensure we have enough equipment for everyone, please call Matt on 0131 225 47 66 to confirm your attendance.
- When: 1 December 2013, 4pm
- Where: St John’s Church, Princes Street, Edinburgh
- What: Featuring music, speakers and a time to remember those who have died of AIDS. Free Entry.
- When: 1 December 2013, 12.30pm
- Where: Portobello Beach (near Portobello Swim Centre), Edinburgh
- What: A sponsored swim on World AIDS Day, raising funds for ImpAcTAIDS. Contact the group for details, to volunteer or to take part.
Can’t quite get up the enthusiasm to start Christmas shopping? The desire to procrastinate is a very normal human trait. The nice people at TED have a whole range of talks that you can watch rather than get worked up about who should get what on your Christmas list…
Watch them all here…then get back to the list making!
The weekly car boot sale is on this morning at Omni car park on Leith Street from 9 till 1.
More details here.