Print Friendly, PDF & Email

A man was rescued from a fire in a sixth floor flat at Medwin House in Sighthill on Sunday night.

Around 33 firefighters attended the scene and four of them entered the building wearing breathing gear.

The man was given oxygen at the scene before being taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary to be treated for smoke inhalation.

A spokeswoman from the Scottih fire and Rescure Service said: “We received a call at 9.33pm about a fire at a sixth-floor flat in a kitchen.

“Four breathing apparatus and a high pressure hose reel were used.

“A male casualty was led to safety, given oxygen at the scene and taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary to be treated for smoke inhalation.”