- Cleaning up the Gilmerton Dykes Area
- Free Park History Booklet for all participants
- Certificate for all our junior helpers and a Lego treat too
- Treats from Greggs the baker as well
- Clean up the park, get rid of plastic from the environment and get some great exercise
Meet at The Bothy, 26b Gilmerton Dykes Street, EH17 8LQ
It’s the final clean up for the Spring, so come along and join in as we get the park clean and ready for the new season.
A big thanks to everyone who has helped so far, including the council (especially Jim Elliot – a star), Royal Life Assurance, Wild Reekie, the Dirty Weekenders and Edinburgh and Lothians Greenspace Trust. The help we have had has been fantastic.
We have also had our youngest ever helper along as well at only three weeks. So, we had a full 96 years between our youngest and oldest helper last Saturday. Our oldest helper is of course local legend Gilbert Clark, who rarely misses an event.
Tomorrow we are doing the Gilmerton Dykes area and there’s (sadly) still plenty of litter to clear up. We look forward to welcoming more new helpers as we did last week, and hopefully some more young helpers too. The youngsters were really pleased with their certificates last week, and we think the Lego figures went down well too. They certainly earned their rewards and worked really hard cleaning a lot of litter.