Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hibs returned to winning ways thanks to Oli Shaw’s second goal in the space of four days against Hamilton at the HopeCBD Stadium this afternoon.

The kick-off was delayed as both teams were forced into late goalkeeping changes.

Ofir Marciano replaced Adam Bogdan, who was injured in the pre-match warm-up whilst Hamilton’s with new signing Jan Mucha was replaced by Garry Woods.

Hibs created an early chance when Martin Boyle’s through ball found Shaw, but Woods did well to bravely smother the ball as the youngster shot.

Miquel Nelom then produced a superb last-ditch tackle to deny Rakish Bingham as play raged from end to end.

Woods did well to keep out Mallan’s log range effort then the midfielder almost opened the scoring with a clever near post free-kick.

At the other end Marciano did well to deny Bingham with an acrobatic save from the striker’s volley then was up quickly to save from Mikel Miller although the linesman’s flag was raised by then.

Just before the break Boyle collided with Woods as he chased a long ball and after a lengthy spell of treatment he has stretchered off and replaced by Emerson Hyndman.

As Boyle was being treated, Lennon went onto the field to check on his condition and received a great reception from the Hibs’ fans.

At the restart Woods was replaced in the Hamilton goal by Jacob Marsden who was immediately called into action and did well to save from Florian Kamberi.

Daryl Horgan replaced Nelom as Hibs pressed forward and Marsden did well to save from Shaw after good work from Kamberi.

There was a lengthy delay as former Hibs’ midfielder Tom Taiwo required treatment including an oxygen mask after dislocating a finger.

The breakthrough eventually arrived in the 65th minute when Shaw tucked home Horgan’s precise cross to the delight of the large travelling support.

Shaw almost doubled Hibs advantage moments later but Marsden saved his header.

Ryan Porteous who had been outstanding in the Hibs defence then went close with a powerful header from Mallan’s corner.

At 1-0 Hamilton were still in the game but in reality the never troubled the Hibs defence and the three points deservedly went to the visitors.

Hibs remain eighth in the table, one point behind Aberdeen.

After the game Garry Parker told BBC Scotland:”We were better in the second half, the subs made a difference. But the most pleasing thing is we got the three points

“Emerson Hyndman changed the game for us. He wanted the ball, he got on the ball and he made things happen. The way we want to play, he influenced it.”

Hamilton Academical: Woods (Marsden 46), McGowan, Gordon, Kilgallon, Sowah, Mackinnon, Taiwo (Boyd 77), Imrie, Keatings, Miller, Bingham (Bloomfield 72). Substitutes not used: McMann, Want, Martin, Brustad.

Hibernian: Marciano, Mavrias, Ambrose, Porteous, Nelom (Horgan 63), Slivka, Mallan, Stevenson, Boyle (Hyndman 45), Kamberi, Shaw. Substitutes not used: Whittaker, Maclaren, McGregor, Allan, Gullan.

Referee: Bobby Madden.

Attendance: 2169.