Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has more good news for Edinburgh holidaymakers.
They have just announced a BRAND NEW destination – IZMIR in Turkey – as part of their Summer 20 programme from Edinburgh Airport, which goes on sale today.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has put flights and holidays on sale to 33 destinations from Edinburgh Airport for Summer 20. The addition of more capacity means over 850,000 seats are going on sale today.
As well as giving holidaymakers more choice and flexibility when choosing flights and holidays to their favourite destinations across Europe, the Mediterranean and the Canary Islands next summer, the addition of Izmir comes in response to demand for great value package holidays to Turkey.
With flights operating to Izmir every Tuesday from May to October, local holidaymakers can access popular family friendly resorts on the west coast of Turkey such as Kusadasi, Cesme, Ozdere and Seferihisar. This brand new Turkish destination is expected to be extremely popular with holidaymakers looking for exceptional weather, great value, and fabulous cuisine with beautiful beaches and the Dilek National Park within easy reach.
In addition to the introduction of Izmir, the company is also significantly increasing capacity to other destinations in Turkey, as demand from local holidaymakers continues. The company will operate more flights and seats to Antalya and Dalaman next summer, as well as continuing its popular Bodrum services, giving locals more choice and flexibility when it comes to reaching the Turkish sunshine.
Key highlights on the company’s Summer 20 programme from Edinburgh Airport include:
- Over 80 departing weekly flights during peak periods.
- Canary Islands – up to 12 weekly services to Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote, with additional Tenerife frequency.
- Turkey – more services to Antalya and Dalaman (now three weekly services to both destinations) as well as weeklyBodrum and Izmir services.
- Daily services to sunshine favourites Palma (Majorca), Alicante and Faro as well as great choice and flexibility toMalaga (five weekly services) and Ibiza (four weekly services).
- Plenty more choice to Spain and its islands, with three weekly services to Reus (Costa Dorada), two weekly services to Girona (Costa Brava) and a weekly service to Menorca.
- Greece – Nine weekly services to Greece, including two weekly services to Crete (Heraklion), Zante and Rhodes, as well as weekly services to Corfu, Kos and Halkidiki.
- Cyprus – two weekly services Paphos and a weekly service to Larnaca.
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) – popularity of new for Summer 19 destination means additional frequency, with two weekly services.
- Croatia – two weekly services to Dubrovnik, in addition to weekly services Pula and Split.
- Italy – three weekly services to Venice, as well as two weekly services to Naples and Verona.
Today’s announcement comes as a response to continued demand for great value package holidays from holidaymakers in Edinburgh and Scotland. With more services and frequencies, they are spoilt for choice when it comes to where and when they would like to getaway, with more flexible durations available.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “The UK Government has confirmed that flights to our EU holiday destinations will continue just as last year, providing assurance that, whatever the outcome of Brexit, holidaymakers can continue to book holidays with confidence. On the back of that we are delighted to be announcing even more good news, thanks to this exciting summer programme from Edinburgh Airport. With 33 fantastic destinations to choose from, including brand new Izmir, we are once again demonstrating our commitment to the base and to our customers. With more choice and flexibility for customers and independent travel agents to choose from with our award winning airline and tour operator, we are confident that this summer programme will be a huge hit.”
Gordon Dewar, Chief Executive of Edinburgh Airport said: “It’s never too early to start planning for that next summer holiday so we’re delighted to see another exciting programme from Jet2.com for summer 2020, including the addition of Izmir in Turkey. We always say we like to offer choice at Edinburgh Airport and there’s no lack of it with 33 destinations to choose from, so our passengers can visit new cities or go back to favourite destinations and make new memories. We’ve got a strong relationship with Jet2.com and it’s great to see them expand yet again at Scotland’s busiest airport.”
Earlier this year, the award-winning airline Jet2.com took delivery of the last of 34 brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft, taking its fleet size to 100. The company continues to win a number of awards for its VIP customer service, with Jet2holidays customers having a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, Jet2.com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included, all for a low £60 per person deposit.