Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Elite League: Fife Flyers 4, Nottingham Panthers 1; Dundee Stars 3, Sheffield Steelers 6; Glasgow Clan 3, Belfast Giants 1

Fife Flyers bounced back from their worst Elite League home reverse to beat much-decorated Nottingham Panthers 4-1.

Todd Dutiaume, Flyers’ head coach, had asked for a reaction from the 10-3 hammering by Sheffield Steelers on Saturday.

And he got one from the off as Danick Gauthier netted on the power play after 1min 54sec.

Tim Crowder added No 2 after 2min 53sec and the Kirkcaldy combine then went on to claim much-needed full points with periods of 2-0, 1-0 and 1-1.

Dylan Quaile added the third also on the power play after 38 minutes before Brett Perlini opened Nottingham’s account after 41 minutes as the home side had a man in the sin bin.

And former Edinburgh Capitals star Mike Cazzola wrapped-up the points with a fourth after 56min 39sec to cheer home fans in the crowd of just over 1,100.

Sheffield Steelers put Dundee Stars to the sword to record their second win in Scotland in 24 hours.

They hammered Fife Flyers 10-3 at Kirkcaldy on Saturday and won 6-3 on Tayside despite going 1-0 behind to a Matt Marquardt strike on the power play after 13 minutes.

The sides were level at the first break, Marc-Olivier Vallerand netting two minutes later and Steelers scored four unanswered goals in 13, second session minutes through Brendan Connolly, Tanner Eberle, James Bettauer and Robert Dowd.

Anthony Beauregard pulled one back for Dundee also on the power play with 1min 16sec left of the session but Michael Davies scored a power play goal after 43 minutes to put Steelers 6-2 ahead before Brett Stovin popped in Dundee’s third with less than two minutes left.

Along the M8, Glasgow Clan’s purple patch continued with a 3-1 victory over Belfast Giants in the Elite League.

The win followed 24-hours after a 3-2 shootout success over the Northern Irish team in the Challenge Cup in the same building.

Bobby Farnham broke the deadlock after 24 minutes to put Giants 1-0 ahead but Zack Fitzgerald’s men fired three in the final session to claim the points.

Nolan LaPorte opened the home side’s account after 42 minutes with Matthew Haywood netting the go-ahead goal nine minutes later.

And Scott Tanski scored on an empty net with 12 seconds remaining after Giants gambled by withdrawing their netminder to have six skaters.